WS01: Strategies for Managing Executive Skill Deficits in Children and Adolescents
Tuesday, February 21
- 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- CPD Credit Hour(s): 3
- Skill Level: II
- Members: $80
This workshop will present a developmental framework for understanding executive skills and will provide tools for treating executive skill deficits in children and adolescents. Through lecture, case examples, and audience participation, attendees will
- Learn what executive skills are and how to assess them;
- Understand how executive skills impact school performance and daily living;
- Gain a repertoire of strategies parents and teachers can use to improve executive skills in students;
- Learn to design their own intervention strategies tailored to the needs of individual students; and
- Be introduced to classroom-wide interventions to improve executive skills.
Speaker(s): Peg Dawson, EdD, NCSP, Seacoast Mental Health Center, Portsmouth, NH
Peg Dawson, EdD, NCSP, Seacoast Mental Health Center, Portsmouth, NH, Peg Dawson, EdD, NCSP, specializes in the assessment of children with learning and attention disorders. She is a past president of both NASP and the International School Psychology Association, and is the 2006 recipient of NASP's Lifetime Achievement Award. She is the coauthor of several books on executive skills.